The Pirate Hunter - Roronoa Zoro

The Pirate Hunter - Roronoa Zoro (Josh Ziregbe)
After loosing a bet to Monkey D Luffy, Rroronoa Zoro became the first member of the Straw Hat Pirates. His calm and angry demeanor in addition to his unbending and strong-headed will, rivaled only by Luffy's, make him my favorite character in the One Piece series. 

Zoro is also very unique in that he is the only core character in an anime to fight with three swords at the same time, the third being held firmly between his teeth. The only other person to come close to this level of madness is Zabuza Momochi, Demon of the Hidden Mist (Naruto Series) when he held a kunai (Japanese blade) in this mouth to cut down a mob.

I can't even begin to explain where my connection with Zoro starts but I just know if I was a character in an anime I would definitely be Zoro or Neji (ugh I have to draw Neji). So since I can't tell you what exactly is cool about Zoro, let me just tell you about all the little moments you probably missed when he blew my mind, apart from when he cut steel and messed up Pika of the Doflamingo's crew of course:

First was when he lost in his battle against Hawkeye Mihawk, the Shichibukai. Zoro refused to allow Mihawk cut him from the behind, saying that a true swordsman never has scars on his back.

Then in acquiring Sandia Kitesu - the blade farthest from the screen - he tested his luck against the cursed blade by flipping it and placing his hand in its path, the blade missed his hand only by mere millimeters!

Again, after Luffy defeated Ozu and Gekko Moriah, Luffy was near the point of death but Zoro asked Kuma the Tyrant, Pacifista to transfer all of Luffy's pain and hurt into his own body and after taking it all, Zoro was still standing. 🙆🏽

With Zoro's strength, I can easily imagine him opposing Mugiwara and breaking his bet, after all Zoro is a pirate hunter and Luffy is a pirate but honor binds this magnificent warrior to his goofy and lovable captain.



Next

Comments