Dymphna

Dymphna (by Barhbie)

Story  by Rosemary

It started out as a feeling. That unconsciousness that creeps up and tries to drown out other feelings. Then it became a thought, a disturbing one at that.

Images were conjured in my mind and questions followed, "What if I tried it, what if I had a taste? My friends do it, right? So why don't I?"

It came in my dream; it was my crush and she smelled so good! She thought I wasn't cool because I didn't indulge but then she moved to me to give it a try, to have a taste. I couldn't pass off the opportunity, the closest I had ever come to having my lips pressed against hers, so I did, I indulged.

The first breath had me reeling, the tightening in my chest and the knot in my belly, my eyes were smarting. I felt these all at once but then came the guilt, drowning  out all the other feelings. I had been warned to desist but even here in my own dream, within my own mental fortress, I couldn't control myself. I woke up.

Now I don't feel like being so cool anymore. Hell! I couldn't have fit in that trend anyway, I'm too good for my own good but I don't mind. I think I like it this way. I'm at peace.

PS: This is about Dymphna and smoking cigarettes



Next

Comments