Jealous Kemi

Kemi (by Barhbie)

Story by Rosemary 

"She has exposed herself and there's no escape. Today I'll destroy her for good!" Kemi saw Bolanle entering a black Lincoln Navigator with tinted windows. There was a young man in the car and even though she couldn't see his face, she could tell from his profile that he was handsome. 

Kemi was the nosy neighborhood slayer, and by that I mean everything about her was flashy. From her hourglass shape with full and well rounded features to her closet that never lacked designers. Even her scarves were top brands; Fendi, Bottega Veneta, Salvatore Ferragamo, she never passed on an opportunity to show off. With an impeccably furnished apartment in the luxurious Banana Island in Ikoyi and two porches (red and black) in her name, we could say she had everything - almost everything. The one thing that Kemi desired but didn't have was Umar.

Tall, slim, curly hair, sea-green eyes, light-skin with a tan, toned abs to die for, rich to a fault Umar. He literally looked like an Arab prince - a married Arab prince. Umar and Bolanle got married a couple of years back, and that didn't go down well with Kemi. She searched for opportunities to destroy the marriage and came close once when she set Umar up with her cousin. 

Bolanle on the other hand was sweet and gentle. She carried herself with the grace of a gazelle, no exaggeration. She had a soft and melodious voice and eyes that could melt the toughest of hearts. Summed up, Bolanle was effortlessly beautiful much to Kemi's dismay. 

Today, however, Kemi has gotten just what  she needs and so she waits. At exactly 5:30pm, she sights Umar's car approaching and she goes out to talk to him. 

Kemi: Hello Umar!

Umar: Hey Kemi! 

Kemi: Emm...  Umar, I know this may sound a bit nosy but I want to tell you something I saw this morning. It's about Bola. 

Umar: Okay Kemi, what is it? 

Kemi: Well, this morning on my way back from my run, I saw Bolanle climb into this shiny black Lincoln Navigator Black Label and she was hugging and kissing the very handsome guy in it. Hmm, I felt it was not right so I decided I should tell you oh.

Umar: (laughs) Okay Kemi, thanks. 

Kemi: Is that all you're going to say?? Aren't you mad at her??

Umar: No Kemi, I'm not mad at my wife. That very handsome guy she hugged is my younger brother who happens to be her very close friend. He introduced us actually.  So again, no, I'm not mad at my wife. Hope your morning jog was great by the way?

With that, he drove off. 

Kemi was furious, disappointed. Once again she had failed, once again, Bolanle had won even without trying.



Comments

Post a Comment