On My Own

On My Own (by Barhbie)

Story by Rosemary

I was fine on my own.
Happy even.
Didn't have to deal with the stress of being attached to someone emotionally.
I listened to music and had conversations in my head.
Life was good,
I was strong and never had to depend on anyone.
I could say whatever and do whatever to whoever and never had to be sorry for it.
Till you came along.
Things were fine initially, they always are.
Then slowly something changed.
We suddenly didn't have much to talk about; no wait, you suddenly didn't talk much.
It seemed like talking became a duty, or was it call cards that got expensive?
You started counting every penny to be spent.
I shouldn't use the word, but STINGY comes to mind when I think about you and money.
And I'm not even talking about how you're so good at finding faults, It's like you live to hear me apologize.
Now there's the new trend of you doubting everything I say. You try to make me look stupid and I let you.
But Stop!
No more.
I won't let you disrespect me anymore.
I won't feel stupid on your account.
I won't let you treat me less than I deserve.
I'll go out and live and be happy.
It'll hurt, really it will, but I'll survive.
I'll get through it, and then go back to being fine.
As fine as I was,
When I was on my own.



Next

Comments