Sokoto Loading

Sokoto Loading (Josh Ziregbe)
School's out and it's vacation time! Guess where I'm headed. Sokoto!!! Yes! Finally! I've been bored silly with all that math, further math, physics, you know, easy and boring stuff. Now I can finally leave this Abuja and visit my friend Amina in Sokoto (She's the Sultan's grand-daughter by the way).

It's been ages since I last saw her but we chat like everyday! Yea, I smuggled a phone into school, sue me. My name is Aisha and this beautiful, irreplaceable bundle of love in black beside me is Zainab. She's my new best friend and together we are the Rable Rousers! That's what our principal started calling us after we were sent to his office for the eleventh time before mid-term. Zainab is awesome, she makes everything come alive. That's why I asked her to come along for the ride. We're going to paint Sokoto red, together! Our principal is Lieutenant Mohammed Yusuf and we're at The Command. It's a military secondary school and it's where Zainab and I met. The place was ghastly boring till we ran into each other. We've fixed that now.

I know you've probably never been to Sokoto so let me tell you a little about it. First things first, the capital of Sokoto state is Sokoto city, yea that confuses a lot people. It's a beautiful place at the extreme end of Nigeria, the North West end and it has this cool river system called the Sokoto-Rima that allows farmers grow lots of different stuff, like groundnut. I love boiled groundnut!

Okay so Sokoto has a very interesting story, filled with twists and turns. It was the home of many empires and kingdoms, deep stuff, and it has loads of interesting attractions like the Durbur festival where loads of people dress fancy and ride on fancy horses around the city, while being followed by musicians. Colourful stuff!

*Large Engine Roars*

Hey, I've got to go now, I don't want to miss my train. You're travelling to Sokoto too? Come sit beside us.

Amina: This is Zainab.

Zainab: Hello, nice to meet you.



Next

Comments