Jealous Kemi - Episode II

Umar (Josh Ziregbe)
Story by Rosemary & Cj

Previous Episode


In her fit of fury Kemi stormed back into her apartment. "How can Umar not love me!?", she thought to herself. "What does Bolanle have that I don't?!", she screamed out loud. "In fact, I have more ass than she does and I know Umar is as ass-man...", at this point she wasn't sure if she was in her head or just blurting things out.

"I will try this one last thing," she says to herself, "and if that doesn't work then nothing else can." It is dawning on her that she is getting older and Umar may never be hers. This is a rude shock for someone who always gets what she wants from men. "Why is Umar different?", she isn't sure but she thinks there is a tear in her eye.

At 31, all Kemi could brag about is the shape of her body and the content of her closet. She didn't even finish school, no, she didn't. For more than five years she lied to everyone that she was studying in a school in Ghana, the popular Kwame Nkrumah University at Kumasi (KNUST). That was until the day Senator Bala's wife confronted and embarrassed her at a supermarket where she was shopping with her mother. That is hands down the worst experience of her life.

It was early in the morning at Hubmart on Adeola Odeku. "Thank God it was early in the morning, I would have died if it was the usual afternoon crowd", she reminisced.

Mrs Bala: Ashawoo! Ashawooooo! *Yoruba chanting and citations* Ashawo!!!
You peoople should tell this useless Ashawooo to leave my husband alone ooo!
He is married oo! His first daughter is almost your age oo!
Go and chase after unmarried men, go and marry your own!! Ashawoooooooo!

I was speechless and frozen at the checkout point, all eyes were running between me and Mrs Bala. I couldn't even look my mother in the eye. What did we come to buy? For the love of me I cannot remember. I was embarrassed.

Security Guard: Madam please calm down.

Mrs Bala: Who is this one? Gettout of here my friend, before I tell them to sack you!!

Security Guard: Ah, sorry madam, please ma.

That was the opportunity I needed, the crazy woman was distracted long enough for me to get myself. I ran, left my mother behind. I haven't seen or spoken to anyone in my family since then and I definitely have never shopped at Hubmart again.

See, Senator Bala was my sugar daddy, a proper sugar daddy. He spoilt me with cash and so many gifts, rented an apartment for me, took me on trips abroad. The only catch? I was never to interfere with his family, they were never to even know I existed. What was my own, what would I want to do with his family, or so I thought. After the debacle at the supermarket, I realized that I needed to get something substantial out of the relationship because it was probably not going to last very long. The family, was my trump card. I blackmailed Senator Bala into buying an apartment and cars in my name, with an undisclosed amount of money in an offshore account, also in my name. The catch? If he didn't I would show up at his house and I'm sure nobody wanted that.

All of this was before I met Umar - tall, slim, sexy Umar - my Arab prince. It was fate that brought us together and that Bolanle bitch ruined everything! Umar lives in the complex where Senator Bala bought an apartment for me and he wasn't married when I arrived. He is supposed to be mine!

A tear drop rolled off her cheek and dropped off to the ground as she whispered under her breathe, "Umar."

I will get you if it is the last thing I do!



Comments